Monday, May 9, 2016

Time to Wonder

Most of the time we are too preoccupied with living.  Our focus is on one or two people, or ourselves.  But this past year I was given the gift of time, and a chance to wonder.
I am able to look back on my wonderings through my blogs.  And I realize that the writing, and picture taking, is what brought me to the accepting of all those wonderful experiences as gifts.
I experience, I perceive, I name.
LIVE....WONDER...WRITE

This is not a new concept.  I came across this quote from Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts:

"First man's first task is to name, Adam completing creation with his Maker through the act of naming creatures, releasing the land from chaos, from the teeming, indefinable mass.  I am seeing it too, in the journal, the face of the Farmer: Naming offers the gift of recognition."

Now I am looking back on the blogs I wrote over the last 9 months as gifts of recognition.  Here are some of moments I named:
1. Eat, laugh, learn
2. Bulgarian food is comfort food
3. Bumpy beginnings are still beginnings
4. If you let go of expectations you welcome adventure.
5. As a traveler am I a tourist or an explorer?
6. Listening to someone else's story
7. Through memories of family and friends I revisit the past
8. We can celebrate the difficult
9. It is people, not places that define culture
10. Life is worth living with wonder

It took me a long time to get to this place...to wonder and accept these musings as gifts.  I look at my sons who I have willingly, or not, dragged around the world.  May they too learn to wonder, explore and live receiving all that this world has to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment